How To Clean Bare Minerals Brushes
Here’s a short tutorial on How To Clean Bare Minerals Brushes:
Regularly cleaning your Bare Minerals make up brushes is an essential step to ensure that you get a long life out of your brushes and that they continue to give you the flawless look Bare Minerals is known for. Since this makeup is in powder form, ensuring that your tools are clean and in good condition is vital so that the application of the makeup is evenly distributed. Cleaning the brushes are easy. Knowing how to do it will save you from buying replacement brushes in the long run. So, how do you wash Bare Minerals brushes?
- Bring all of your brushes to your bathroom sink. Under normal running warm water, hold the brush under the tap until it is fully and totally soaked. After which, you will gently squeezed out the water until no excess remains. Do not shake it.
- Apply your cleaning agent by rubbing the a small amount into the brush bristles and gently massaging it with your fingertips to clean and remove the remnants of make up powder from the previous use from the bristles. You may use a mild soap, a mild shampoo, or facial cleanser. Bare Minerals also offers “Well Cared For Brush Conditioning Shampoo” that was created specifically for Bare Minerals brushes. They also offer the “Quick Change Brush Cleanser” should you need to use the same brush for different types or colors of makeup. Both products, especially the shampoo, really increase the life span of those expensive brushes!
- After making sure that the bristles are now free from powders and other remnants, hold your brushes down under the faucet with the normal running warm water and begin the rinsing process. Continue to gently work the bristles to ensure that all the powder and makeup is removed thoroughly. After ensuring that your brushes are clean, you may start to dry them. With careful force, squeeze out the excess water from the bristles. Get a soft and clean dry towel to rub and pat the Bare Mineral makeup brushes as well as to absorb any remaining liquid.
- Since the washing and rinsing process may have caused some of the bristles to point in different directions or become ruffled, smooth the Bare Mineral makeup brushes with your hand making sure all of them are pointing straight down.
- You are now ready to set your brushes down to thoroughly dry. You can do this in two ways, first by putting them on a clean dry towel or by hanging or suspending them in the air with the bristles pointing downward to the floor. The brush needs to be absolutely, completely dry before you use it again. If they are the slightest bit damp, you will not be able to apply your makeup properly and you will have to cleanse the brushes all over again.
Filed under Bare Minerals by .